September 22, 2020
I’m currently doing research on brainwave-controlled prostheses and coming up with a plan for making one. I am also working on an article about Brainwave-controlled prostheses.
May 12, 2020: Plans for next year
Next year I plan to merge the EMOTIV and 3-D printing lab by creating a 3-D printed hand that is able to move using sensors that are connected to brain waves. I also plan to do more white papers as they push me to dig deeper into science topics I’m interested in.
May 5, 2020: AI in WISRD
I have been doing exploratory research on AI to see if it is something that I am interested in and if it is possible for WISRD in the future to have an AI lab. I am currently looking for ways WISRD will add AI to the institute.
April 27, 2020: Board Member
I’ve been elected to be on the WISRD board starting next school year. I can’t wait to share my thoughts and help expand our institute.
December 6, 2019: Finished Prosthetic Hand
The prosthetic hand is finished.
November 22, 2019: Wrist Pins
The pin where the wrist and arm connected felt a little loose so I measured the length of the pin and the point where the wrist and arm connect. After that, I reprinted the wrist pin to a shorter length and found it was a much better fit.
November 18, 2019: Pulling Strings
Even after flipping the knuckles around on the prosthetic hand the fingers were still not bending to their full potential. When 3D printing the knuckles I printed them with support meaning there was added material to the underside of the knuckle. This added material was stopping the string from arranging in a position that allows for the fingertips to be pulled completely. I cut away the excess material, after that the fingers were able to bend smoothly.
November 14, 2019: Flipping the Knuckle
Today I ran into a problem with my 3D printed prosthetic hand. When I pulled one of the tensioner strings the fingers would not bend all the way and kept sticking. I looked at a few pictures of the raptor reloaded prosthetic hand and realized that the knuckles were attached incorrectly.