March 19th, 2020

January 10th, 2020

We have been looking for the laminar flow files that Luis made but have not found them. We have also been conducting tests with the laminar flow we have.

January 7th, 2020

I am working on the laminar flow for the wind tunnel and we are doing tests with string taped to the prototype to see if it creates laminar flow.

December 10th, 2019

I fixed the frame of the wind tunnel and worked on my reflection. I learned that there are still a lot of small details to fix about the wind tunnel.

December 2nd, 2019

Today we finished the fence for the fan blades on the wind tunnel. I built a wooden frame and stapled hardware cloth to it to make the basic shape. Then we attached it to the wall before we attached it to the wind the tunnel. Then we attached it to the wind tunnel with staples, wood, and glue. I had to make metal and wood brackets to hold the frame together because we didn’t have the right kind.

November 18th, 2019

Today learned how to recalibrate the Ultimaker3 Extended. Right now Dawson is using the 3D printer to make holders for the Arduino. I re-glued the frame of the cage for the fan blades because the bracket broke. Everything is coming together nicely.

November 4th, 2019

Today the poster presentation. This a big milestone in WISRD so I am reflecting on the year so far. I have learned a lot about collaboration. I came into WISRD with experience in building things and problem-solving, but collaboration is something I have struggled with in WISRD. we only recently started to reach out to the other groups. Something we did well was making progress. We are almost done with the wind tunnel and all its parts. The whole wind tunnel should be done within the next month and a half.

October 8th, 2019

Today I have learned, after the last attempt of printing the control panel failing again, that triple checking everything about the process before your print is very crucial.

October 7th, 2019

The re-printed control panel was not a success either because the material broke in the feeding tube so the material could not get pushed through. Now we are going to re-re-print it, and hopefully, this time, it turns out well.

October 4th, 2019

Today I started re-printing the control panel because the first updated version ran out of material. We have enough material and enough support material to get through eh whole print this time

October 1st, 2019

These are screenshots of the final model of the control panel for the wind tunnel.


September 27th, 2019

Over the past week and a half, a lot has happened. I’ve started working with the aerodynamics group designed a control panel for the wind tunnel and wiring to the bus boxes to the fans, and eventually, the control panel. We now have determined that the control panel is too small and has no space for cable management. I am now in the process of redesigning it bigger, and more functional.

September 6th, 2019

In the past couple of days, I learned how to 3d print, model, and use the server. I made a basic shape in Onshape, then printed it on the Ultimaker 2 Extended+. I’ve been doing research on how to use Onshape better so I can make more complicated things.

August 19th, 2019

Today I did research about foils and the hydrodynamics of them. Then with that in mind, I modeled a basic hydrodynamic and aerodynamic shape.

This is my first year of WISRD and my first day of ninth grade. I don’t know what topic I am going to choose yet but I am excited to start. I’m thinking of doing something in the department of 3D modeling, woodworking, or engineering.