The wiring under the wind tunnel has been finished as well as the wiring connecting the bus boxes to the power supply. This is the next step in completing the project’s operational state, the group is expecting that all of the upgrades that per set out to do at the beginning of the year will be finished in the next month. The final steps are to do the Arduino wiring and attach the control panel and laminar flow. For now, the outlook is positive and moral is high.
A lot has gotten done since the Arduino wiring has been completed. The laminar flow testing is nearing completion, the RandD department wants to examen it extensively. To prepare the whole group for installation. As well the control panel is mounted along with the female wire extensions to make sure that everything can connect and at the same time can be as organized as possible> Something I’ve learned is that organization and neatness matters as much as anything. It paves the way for future projects fo go smoother and faster, that’s something we are working on as a team to implement.
Last week 2 of the 4 fans were getting power, during troubleshooting it was found that the signal wasn’t going to the final buss box. This week the wiring was completed, and all of the wires where plugged in and most importantly in the right places. Then when the fans were plugged in, only 1 was working. So the whole project has been backtracked, even though the group thought that if the signal wiring was done then all 4 of the fans would start working. But there still is a possibility that if the potentiometer is modified to let out more voltage then the fans could start spinning. The theory is that the fans are getting power, but not enough to start spinning. Because the fans are producing their turn on the sound so we know they are getting power but possibly not enough.
The wind tunnels are developing close to where the group wants them to be. The laminar flow prototype is done the last step is to execute the 3D printing of the model and its installation. That completes the laminar flow aspect of the tunnel. It should still be working without laminar flow the fas should turn on and spin the tunnel just wouldn’t produce laminar flow. When it is turned on only 2 fans are getting power and one is spinning slower than expected. When the wiring was checked it revealed that some bus boxes had missing wires that fell out, and they were the main cause. But when they were fixed it didn’t resolve any problems. The diagnostics were done by detaching the fans to narrow out the ones that are working, and arent. by results where that all of the fans are getting power, but the Arduino wiring is the main concern as to why the fans aren’t spinning the coding might be wrong for now that’s our best presumption.
The scentalitor is sensitive to moisture, so to ensure that no mold or moisture build up inside of the box the paddle was wrapped in adult diapers. The box is either going to be filled with kat liter or sand to take up space, to prevent moisture build-up.
The group decided to buy sand and fill it up with sand up the boxes to prevent mold, first the sand needs to air dry because it came out of the board moist.
Today the frame of the box was completed, and the cosmic ray panel fits perfectly inside of the box. It is 15.5inx24in made with two shorter planks of wood on the top and 2 longer ones on the side. The box with be coated in Henry’s aluminum paint to protect against black body radiation. 3 more are scheduled for fabrication.
The Faraday cage was just complete, I stayed after school to build it. The cage should protect against electromagnetic radiation. It was assembled using 3 pieces of wire mesh one big piece, one medium piece, and one small piece. The design works flawlessly with the radio telescope, another one is in production.
I am just starting to get the hang of VNC the platform was a little tricky at first but then after more practice, I’m getting things done more efficiently and in a timely manner. Here is some data I’m viewing currently. I’m going to separate each color and analyze them individually to see if there are any differences.
I started my process of separating different graphs to identify patterns.